Wednesday 30 November 2011

"First they came.............." Pensions Robbery.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
This  is a famous statement attributed to pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets. I see much the same now. If we don't stand up and fight this we are finished. 

The following is a video made by an American for an American audience. It's so close to what's happening now in the UK. Education priced above working class kids and legally sanctioned robbery of the poor and unfortunate if only via benefit stripping.


Graeme.

No comments:

Post a Comment