Sunday 8 July 2012

The Way of the Banker.

Bankers.

A young man bought a donkey from a farmer for £100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

Delivering the donkey he pulled up and said, "Sorry son,

but I have some bad news. The donkey died during the trip."

The young man replied, "Well then just give me my money back."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I've already spent it."

"OK," says the boy "then, just bring me the dead donkey."

A little shocked the farmer asked, "What are you going to do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off." He replied.

The farmer said, "You can't raffle a dead donkey!"

The lad replies "Sure I can. Just watch me. I just won't tell anybody

he's dead."

"But that's fraud!" states the farmer. "You shouldn't do that!"

The young man takes the dead donkey and smiles.

A month later, the farmer met up with this lad and asked,

"What happened with that dead donkey?"

He replied, "I raffled him off and sold 500 tickets at £2 each.

I made a profit of £898"

The farmer said, "My god, didn't anyone complain?"

The young guy said, "Just the man who won. So I gave him his £2 back."

He now works for Barclays .

2 comments:

  1. I know most people would be taking in the points made but...
    £500 x 2 = £1,000
    money back = £2
    and profit = £998 not £898 (Unless present regime at RCT was involved?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Paul - reproduced in haste and without a calculator.

    ReplyDelete